We are no longer accepting applications for our April- July session. The application deadline was Sunday March 7th. All applicants will be contacted between the dates of 3/9-3/16 via email or phone to start the interview process.
If you applied, interviews are available during certain times Tuesday & Sunday. Please select an interview time here. Interviews will run 20-30 minutes in length and are designed for us to get to know each other and discuss details of the position.
Please do not reach out to the restaurant to check on the status of your application prior to March 16th.
Our next session will run August-November. Check back at a later time for application information.
What is it?
- Rizzo’s Student Employment Program is designed for high-school students aged 14-18. This program is great opportunity for youth to earn a paycheck and gain work experience and skills to kickstart their professional careers.
Who Is Eligible?
- Any student aged 14 and up with valid working papers.
What Do You Look For In Applicants?
The top character traits we look for in applicants are motivation and enthusiasm. This program is designed to be your first job. We are prepared to teach you the necessary skills to be successful at Rizzo’s Pizzeria and in future jobs.
How Many Students Will Be Selected?
- 5-10 students will be accepted into each session depending on business availability
- Each group will consist of a variety of age groups. A maximum of two 14-year old students will be accepted into each session.
- This is a 4-month program that involves working a 1-3 shifts per week and 1 development session per month.
- Permanent employment may be offered after completion of employment. This will depend on business needs, applicant performance, and applicant interest in continued employment.
- This program consists of paid job experience and 1 unpaid group development session per month
- Students 14 years old are required to work a minimum of one, three-hour shift per week. Students 15 years and older are required to work a minimum of two shifts per week. Outside commitments such as sports, school groups, extracurriculars, etc. can be worked around but must be communicated at time of applying for program so a regular schedule can be created that provides all attendees with adequate shifts. If a participant needs a regularly scheduled day off, they must provide adequate notice and the schedule will be adjusted accordingly. This will be discussed in detail during orientation.
- Group development sessions will be 1 ½ hours in duration. The date & time of these will be determined and communicated once participants have been selected. The purpose of development sessions is to teach core skills that participants can use in everyday life for years to come. Each session will have a theme and consist of a lesson, group activity, and guest speaker.
Benefits of Program Completion:
- Paid job experience & possible continued employment after program completion
- Professional training on various topics
- Starting with the 2021 graduating class, each student who successfully completes Rizzo’s Employment program will be eligible to apply for the “Rizzo’s Pizzeria Student Employee Scholarship”. Minimum scholarship amount will be $100, and number of awardees will be based on eligible applicants.
- Upon completion of the program, a small celebration will be held for participants.
How Do I Apply?
- Apply by submitting the application form at the bottom of this page
- Applicants will be accepted through March Sunday March 7th
- Applicants will be interviewed individually and then rated against their peers. We will select the top applicants based on our rating system.
- Please note that this program is in high demand. We had 18 applicants for our first session and could only accept 6. This is why we decided to shorten the program duration from 6 to 4 months. If you are not selected for this session, you are eligible for a future session. Details will be discussed in your interview.
Here is a link to help you ease the nerves and prepare for your interview!